Reporting Conflict Minerals with the Latest CMRT Tool
You may be bombarded with requests from customers asking if they can have your latest compliance status for conflict minerals. If so, you’ll need to download the latest version of the Conflict Minerals Reporting Template (CMRT) and send it off to your suppliers for more information. Each year publicly traded companies need to include this information in their financial filings by June 1st.
This Conflict Minerals Reporting Template is a standard that has been set across multiple industries for collecting country of origin information regarding tin, tantalum, tungsten, and gold specifically sourced from the Democratic Republic of Congo. This template also identifies the smelters and refiners in your supply chain who are approved by the Responsible Minerals Initiative (RMI). Visit the Responsible Minerals Initiative website at www.responsiblemineralsinitiative.org.
The major changes you will see in CMRT v. 6.01 (released May 19, 2020) include:
- Corrections to all bugs and errors
- Update to ISO country, state, and province lists
- Conformance to IPC-1755, which incorporated the EU Conflict Minerals Regulation in the wordings to the following questions: Q4 (newly added), Q H (formerly (Q I), removal of former question C
- Updates to the Smelter Reference List and Standard Smelter List
The next version of the CMRT is anticipated to be released in spring 2021.
The latest version of the Standard Smelter List is available at http://www.responsiblemineralsinitiative.org/responsible-minerals-assurance-process/exports/cmrt-export/.
BlueCircle Advisors (BCA) Helps You:
- Poll your suppliers
- Collect data from third parties
- Leverage known industry data
- Validate smelter data
- Train your team and supply chain
- Comply and keep up with the changing regulation
Learn more about how BCA helps your responsible mineral sourcing program: