Protect Your Company
We know companies lose sales for the following reasons:
- Procurement requirements change
- Best price doesn’t guarantee the sale
- Competitors are better at compliance
- Lack of transparency creates doubt
With trained experts in regulatory compliance, we help you identify the risks to your business from lost sales to stop shipments, fines, and fees at customs. We help you develop the internal processes and documentation needed to manage compliance across your organization and provide you with a go forward plan to achieve compliance for multiple regulations.
We partner with industry leaders in compliance automation and data collection to build a solution tailored to your company’s specific compliance needs.
Ask Yourself …
Are my products safe?
Can I prove it?
The BCA Advantage
- Knowledge experts with over 15 years in the compliance industry
- Managed solutions for compliance program development, training, and data collection
- Short and long term engagements that align with company budgets
- Retainers for consulting hours when you want answers fast
- Alliances with compliance and data collection companies across the United States and Europe
- Strong affiliate relationships with leaders in the compliance software industry
Services – How We Help
Helping you manage continuously changing regulations with industry expertise.
Review product lines, suppliers, and materials at risk and receive a go-forward compliance plan
Acquire material declarations, full material disclosures, and certifications for standard and custom parts
Identify and work with high-risk suppliers to meet compliance requirements
Knowledge and Expertise
- Conflict Minerals
- Prop 65
- China RoHS
- Supplier Code of Conduct
- Export Compliance
- ISO 9001
- Business Continuity
- Risk Management
- EU MDR
- Brexit 2020 and Product ComplianceFebruary 4, 2020Many readers are asking if Brexit 2020 affects their product compliance programs. Here’s what the research tells us: On 31 January 2020 the UK exited the EU as a member state. The UK and EU are in the implementation period in which the “Withdrawal Act” by virtue of the European Union Act of 2020 is in effect. The act defines the operating parameters for the year 2020 regarding trade, regulations, and cross border provisions. The UK will continue to align with the EU regulations and enforce compliance to the existing laws until 31 December 2020. This transition affects EU RoHS and EU REACH. Both regulations will be recreated in the UK under the UK’s authority and guidelines by the end of 2020. In addition, the UK will have its own testing, customs, and enforcement bodies to monitor and control compliance to the new regulations. Companies placing products on the market in the UK and/or the EU will need to maintain two distinct compliance programs, as well as poll suppliers for declarations to both the UK and EU laws. Impacts to CE Marking During the implementation phase, the CE marking remains the same. A new set of processes and CE documentation will be developed for the UK during 2020. The CE marking for the EU will not apply to the UK in 2021. If your company relies on third party conformity assessments carried out by UK notified bodies, you’ll need to develop a new process for both the EU and the UK. This also applies to companies that self-certify. Free Movement of Goods Companies are concerned about the free movement of goods during this transition. This will remain as is until the implementation period is complete. At that time, companies will need to align with the new requirements set forth by the UK government. The free movement of people and goods will cease in 2021 as the UK sets forth its new trade and customs requirements. Contingency planning for inventories is a must for companies that frequently move materials, parts, or products freely across these borders today. Remember, product compliance is not only about obeying the laws, it is about sourcing, managing your supply chain, and defining competitive advantage. All of which leads to revenue protection. EU Commission Provides Guidance Doing business in the EU will change in this post-Brexit world. As such, the European Commission has developed a “Brexit Preparedness Checklist.” The downloadable guide is available at https://www.eubusiness.com/topics/sme/brexit-preparedness/. This checklist provides a list of topics to consider with regard to placing product on the market in the EU and UK moving forward. In Summary Brexit 2020 and product compliance need to be taken seriously. Businesses that place their products on the UK or the EU markets need to consider what steps to take in order to remain compliant. If your company uses a third party or notified body likely a re-assessment will need to be completed for the new UK requirements. Keep in mind, these organizations will be quite busy during this transition year. Plan ahead and get this completed as early as possible. Contact BlueCircle Advisors for Guidance on Brexit 2020 If you have any questions regarding what to do next, contact us! https://www.bluecircleadvisors.com/contact/...
- REACH Candidate List Hits 205 SVHCsJanuary 28, 2020On January 15, 2020, ECHA added 4 more substances to the EU REACH Candidate list. Complying with the regulation is critical to preventing stop shipments, fines, and fees in Europe. Any supplier who directly or indirectly supplies parts or products to the European market has the obligation to communicate the existence of SVHCs above the concentration of 0.1% (weight over weight). As a result, this includes communicating with the supply chain and any direct customers. Below are the 4 new SVHCs added to the Candidate List as of 1/15/2020: Perfluorobutane sulfonic acid (PFBS) and its saltsDiisohexyl phthalate (DIHP)2-methyl-1-(4-methylthiophenyl)-2-morpholinopropan-1-one2-benzyl-2-dimethylamino-4′-morpholinobutyrophenone To determine your company’s level of risk, assess the following: coatings, polycarbonates, plasticizers, inks, paints, resins, toners, polymers, and rubber compounds. Here is a link to the official Candidate list as provided by ECHA: https://echa.europa.eu/candidate-list-table Need help creating or managing a REACH compliance program? Reach out to us via the contact form on our website or email firstname.lastname@example.org ....
- February REACH RoHS Training – San Diego,CAJanuary 8, 2020Are you looking for a training course on REACH and RoHS in a sunny location in February? We have partnered with Compliance Online and will deliver a 2 day seminar on February 6-7, 2020 in beautiful San Diego, California. This 2 day seminar will review the specifics of the REACH and RoHS regulations, provide case studies and share lessons learned. You’ll sit beside industry peers who face the same compliance challenges that you do, while having the opportunity to share best practices and common mistakes. Topics covered in this 2 day seminar include: Articles and REACHSubstances of Very High Concerns (SVHC)Supply chain communicationCompliance enforcementBasics of RoHSBackground and content of RoHSResponsibility for RoHSInternational requirements of RoHSWEEE – background and connection to RoHSMaterial testing methodsMaterials regulations, the processes, and the programs neededRoHS 1 and 2 Compliance, plus the new 2019 amendmentREACH Candidate list (201) complianceUS Dodd-Frank Conflict Minerals ReportingImproving data collection by using Jig 101, IEC 62474, IPC 1752Managing suppliers with procurement contractsEffectively using technology for tracking and managing compliance Who should attend? All companies that ship products into the European UnionManufacturing ProfessionalsAnyone new to RoHS and or REACH Anyone responsible for RoHS and REACH complianceQuality professionalsEnvironmental managersPurchasing teamsProduct engineers For more information, sign up on the Compliance Online portal at the link below: https://www.complianceonline.com/rohs-reach-regulations-conflict-mineral-reporting-seminar-training-80428SEM-prdsm If your company is looking for onsite training for multiple team members, go to our contact page and let us know! Group pricing is available for all BCA onsite and remote classes. #saveonthecostofcompliance We look forward to seeing you at the seminar and as always, let’s make safer products, build ethical supply chains, and protect company revenues!...